Wednesday 16 January 2013

Perfect pancakes

A food post for a change!

The simplest yet currently my favourite pancakes:

125 g  flour
1 egg
a bit more than 250 ml of milk
a pinch of salt

mix till you get a homogeneous batter. 


Put a little of batter in the preheated greased pan.


And here's the trick that makes all the difference:


I usually used olive oil (the only oil we keep) but since I had some coconut oil left from making the soap, I said I would give it a try. What a difference it makes!

(Update: I should note that not every coconut oil is as good as this one. The one you buy in a bar in the supermarket is just blah. This one is from a eco-bio-vegan sort of shop).


 Bake until golden brown.


And although strawberry jam is very very good, as is orange marmalade come to think of it, I usually use Nutella with sliced almonds.


 Divine.



PS. Yes, I am aware that coconut oil is not the healthiest choice, but hey, I use less than a tablespoon of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment