Friday 3 July 2009

Soft-sole baby shoes

Coming back from the holidays (Italy, Lago di Garda), I don't have anything new to write about, so again I'll dig up some of the old stuff.

Baby shoes.

So far, I have made 7 pairs and probably will make some more when his feet grow. All my more experienced friends recommended Robeez shoes but they are so ridiculously expensive that I decided to make my own. Googling "how to make baby shoes" lead me to this pattern by Tanya Brown, www.tackyliving.com.

I always use leather for the sole and leather or polar fleece for the vamp. For lighter shoes, I use linen and for warmer shoes I use fleece lining. Yes, I have made all possible cominations. I don't have all of them documented, here just a few:











2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I like theme I like small things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. http://totshoes.com

    ReplyDelete