Wednesday 16 December 2009

Christmas is just around the corner

With Christmas being only a week away I will post about the Christmas Card I made... two years ago!

This year's cards still haven't been sent around and posting about them here would ruin the surprise - so I'm posting some old ones. Which were just as beautiful. But different.

(By the way: Last year's cards with the instructions how to make them could be found here.)

I started with blank coloured cards with matching envelopes and some stiffer white paper. Then I cut circles from the paper and poked holes in them. The main idea is to poke the holes in a circle - but not like a clock but with rather unevenly distributed. Of course you could make more (or less) holes but I found number 12 to be perfect (for symmetry reasons, 12 = 2x2x2x3, which allows for several different periodicities).


Then you find a matching thread and start "sewing". I could probably calculate how many different patterns can be made but let's just say: your imagination is the limit!


You can even combine two different colours in one circle:


Then I glued the circles onto the cards in a triangular shape to resemble a Christmas tree and put a more starry circle on the top of the tree:


Et voilĂ ! Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment