Sunday 7 June 2009

Pop-up (Christmas) cards

I didn't have much spare time this week, so I decided to write about something I did a few months ago - six months ago, to be precise. This brings us to the beginning of December and that means - Christmas cards! (Bet you didn't expect this, did you?)

This year I made some multi-layer pop-up cards that are never really out of season. To give you an idea what I'm talking about, it's probably best to start with a photo of a finished card.


As you can see, I bought pearl-coloured blank cards and some coloured heavier paper (for some reason I took the slightly transparent one). All you have to do, is to draw a pattern, cut it with a utility cutter (Stanley, Olfa) and glue it to the card. Simple, ha?


Well, you have to cut it pretty accurately and carefully fold it, otherwise it doesn't fold into the card properly. Also gluing this semi-transparent paper to the card was rather tricky, but a double-sided Scotch tape did the job perfectly.

If you want to make exactly the same card, here's the pattern I used. The black lines have to be cut, the red and the blue just folded. The horizontal dashed line denotes the folding line of the card. As you can see on the photos, I didn't always manage to match the two, so I also cut the sides (the snow on the tree).


Here are some of the cards, made in different colours.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card and love the layout and design. Really effective. You can get more patern about Architecture Pop Up Cards in our website : http://popupcard.net. They have verry beautiful samples. I love them.

    ReplyDelete