Wednesday 2 March 2011

Bob the Builder Costume - Part 1

Carnival is rapidly approaching so it's time to make a costume for MiniMojcek. As he is Ben10 or a cowboy pretty much every day, we decided to make a Bob the Builder costume:

(photo borrowed from the Internet)

First task was to find a red and orange long-sleeved T-shirt. But I failed. So I bought a plain white T-shirt and Deka Batik and Textile Dye Series L, Orange (39110).


I've never dyed fabrics before and although the process is a bit ... devilish... it turned out superb!



With a little help of the painter's tape:


and after a lot of dying and drying I'm very happy with the final result!


Not all edges are perfect but good enough, I'd say.

Continue to Part 2. I'm warning you, there is no part 3!

2 comments:

  1. When making this do you do all the red chequered squares then wash and then the yellow chequered squares then wash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, the whole T-shirt was dyed in orange and then the red squares were painted individually.

    ReplyDelete