Wednesday 7 November 2012

Green Ninjago T-shirt

Just in time for MiniMojcek Nr.1's sixth birthday I finally managed to finish the green Ninjago T-shirt!


Starting with two identical white long-sleeved T-shirts, I dyed one green. I just couldn't find a suiting plain green T-shirt in the shops.


Then I cut a "bib" out of the white T-shirt and sewed it on the inside of the front of the green one, creating the V neckline.
 Carefully cut the front...


And stitched it again.

Then it was time to start painting: first the additionall collar, then the silver pattern with black crosses, finally the belt.



But one should not forget the golden snake on the back!


Now he has a Kai sweater, a Zane T-shirt and the new Lloyd T-shirt.
He's happy.
For now.

3 comments:

  1. You don't happen to remember the shade of green you used do you? Green is harder than I would have thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, unfortunately I don't remember. It was one of Deka colours for textiles. They only had three different greens, one was obviously too dark and one was too yellowish, so I went with the third option that worked out just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I checked their palette - it was probably the Light Green, Nr. 86, but I'm not 100% sure.

    ReplyDelete