Thursday 21 February 2013

A parrrrot!

MiniMojcek Nr.2 was very clear when I asked him about his wishes for this year's costume: he wanted to be a parrot.

And a parrot he was.

I bought fleece in red, blue, green, and yellow to make the wings. I cut four semicircles and left some additional fabric at the top (red) layer had  to make sleeves.


The semicircles were cut to make them look like feathers.


A lot of cutting was done...


I bought some Indian headdress, plucked the feathers and sewed them on the wings.


Instead of sewing the whole costume, I bought a red onesie and leggings.


Unfortuntely, before I was able to make a hat with the beak, MiniMojcek Nr.2 fell ill (chicken pox) and he had to stay at home for two weeks. So I didn't even bother making the hat as he was already very very happy with the wings.


So was I.

No comments:

Post a Comment