Saturday 2 May 2009

A laptop sleeve

I always wanted to have a special laptop sleeve for my special laptop. Ideal would be neoprene padded, fitted, with a zipper, AND pretty... but it was impossible to find something that would match all the criteria.

So, I got myself some stretch canvas (cotton with a tiny bit of elastane), black with pink flowers, and some black neoprene. I first thought about buying uncut neoprene but it was way more convenient to get a laptop sleeve in a computer store. The bought sleeve was slightly bigger than my laptop so I cut it to fit it.

Once I had the materials, it was pretty straightforward. I cut the fabric according to the size of the laptop, adding 1 cm for the inner layer and roughly 2 cm for the outer layer. Since the fabric was a stretch, the exact cutting wasn't that important. Then I made a double pouch with a neoprene layer in between. I did not actually sew the neoprene, just the canvas around it. I added a pink zipper and voila.

Here are the photos, first the fabric, then the zipper and finally the finished sleeve.



No comments:

Post a Comment