Tuesday 5 January 2010

Not a penny more...

...not a penny less by Jeffrey Archer.

I first read it probably twenty years ago (oh, dear!) and loved it! And then I recently watched the BBC documentary the Coast, where they talk about the discovery of oil in the North Sea and that reminded me of the book so I decided to re-read it.

With one sentence - I still love it. It is such an enjoying book and although I knew the final outcome (which is a bit predictable, I must confess), I enjoyed reading it a lot. The end is a bit abrupt though.


What I do not understand, why hasn't Hollywood tuned it into a film? Something like Ocean's 11 or the Italian Job? Surely I'm not the only one who loves the wittiness of con films, right?

PS. Notice my reflection in the cover of the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment