Thursday 14 April 2011

... and Wave Goodbye

Wave Goodbye to my old pair of pairs of shoes!
If you know me, you must know my old Tevas. I have two pairs and have worn them since... 1997? simply because these are THE most comfortable, useful, multi-purpose, April-October shoes. They are literally falling apart but I'm not throwing them away just yet as the new ones aren't as perfect as the old ones were.


These shoes have been on five continents, I've walked in them in the Atlantic, Pacific, and Indian Ocean, Yellow and Red, Dead and Med Sea and probably some more I cannot even name, crossed several rivers and lakes, climbed mountains, walked on the snow and in the deserts. I wish I knew how many thousands of kilometers I've walked in them, but there surely were quite a lot.

And you can imagine my surprise when I found a VERY similar pair of shoes in a museum in a remote village in the middle of High Atlas mountains in Morocco:


I should add that when I was in Morocco, mine were exactly the same colour as these ones in the museum. I have, however, washed mine recently. Anwyay, it will be strange to have a different sun-tan pattern on my feet after fourteen years...

No comments:

Post a Comment